Author Topic: Carrier Bags  (Read 208 times)

Offline flyfifer

• Founding Member
Carrier Bags
« on: June 11, 2019, 21:59:37 PM »
Not a whinge about them being 5p but I just read a "helpfull hint" on a.n. other place (wot I before Thot off).
For those that use oversuits --- keep a carrier bag with the suit: put said carrier bag over a boot: insert said boot into suit leg : etc   .
Stops the boot catching allegedly. Sounded like a smart idea to me.

Offline Three Dawg

• Into Africa.
Re: Carrier Bags
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:25:21 AM »
Old skool eh?  They have holes in 'em to stop nippers suffocating these days  ;D Also you'd look like a poverty stricken muppet.  I'm not a big fan of Goretex suits, but in boots it works very well.
Mr and Mrs 3 Dawg's African Adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=176316.0

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 19:14:06 PM »
Old skool eh?  They have holes in 'em to stop nippers suffocating these days  ;D Also you'd look like a poverty stricken muppet.  I'm not a big fan of Goretex suits, but in boots it works very well.

I don’t think you’re supposed to leave the shopping bags on your feet Three Dawg! They just make it easier to get a one piece suit on over your boots. Whip ‘em off when you’re leg’s through, so to speak.

However, now the idea has been mooted (and it’s a good one), let’s flesh it out a bit.

What brand of carrier bags would you be prepared to wear over your boots?  Aldi on the left and Netto on the right? A matching pair? Something upmarket... Harrods, Fortnum & Masons?

Would the Asda ‘bag for life’ promise still apply?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 19:15:40 PM by JimRidesThis! »
'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT

I’m trying to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Offline Three Dawg

• Into Africa.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 08:03:32 AM »
LOL, yeah, what a dope I am! ;D
Mr and Mrs 3 Dawg's African Adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=176316.0

Offline flyfifer

• Founding Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 10:05:00 AM »
 ??? I should have written an Application Procedure to clarify the intended method of use !
Builders bags probably best for 3dawgs application !!