Author Topic: I blame SteveT!  (Read 476 times)

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
I blame SteveT!
« on: April 08, 2019, 22:31:40 PM »
Because, as we all know, SteveT is a serial bike buyer.

I’m in the process of buying another bike to add to my stable and should pick it up early next week, if not before. It’s a V twin and should make a good lightweight tourer, but that’s all I’m saying at the moment  ;D
'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT

I’m trying to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Offline Steve T

• Founding Member
  • Compulsive Farkler, but still learning from LWR ;-
Re: I blame SteveT!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 20:33:11 PM »
Blame me if you want, but I've not bought anything for over week after selling the F8GS . . . . . nearly a record for me.

Though I have been eyeing an @ that isn't too far from me . . . . . but right here, right now, the Alp is pushing all the right buttons.

Looking forward to seeing some top quality photies of your new ride Jim  ;D

Steve T

8)
"A bad writer wastes time. A good writer bends time"

Dan Walsh

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 21:27:15 PM »
Here you go, the new addition  8)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 22:12:53 PM by JimRidesThis! »

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
  • Forum Owner / Transalp Modifier / Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 07:37:17 AM »
sweet       :)
Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

Offline Steve T

• Founding Member
  • Compulsive Farkler, but still learning from LWR ;-
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 17:45:50 PM »
Fugginell, your brave!

Hope yer fillings are well and truelly secure, cos if they ain't then that thing will have then falling out in no time  :o  ;)

Always fascinated by the mans (Mr Buell) engineering take on what a bike should be like. Outside the box was invented by him I think.

Big Don on here has a Ulysees and he loves it . . . . . . maybe not as much as he loves his 1988 Transalp, but he does love it  ;D

Perhaps you'll have it in work with you when eldest & I pop by next month on the way to Dent? You know, when I drop off the bits that i forgot to pack in with the Trangia  ::)  :)

Take care and enjoy your new wheels.

Steve T

8)
"A bad writer wastes time. A good writer bends time"

Dan Walsh

Offline Drumnagorrach

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 21:41:24 PM »
I had a Buell about 10 years ago , a tube frame M2 ,best handling bike that I've ever ridden and full of design flaws . Yours at least has the shock working the normal way ( compressed by road bumps ) . Mine used the head steady mounts to hang the engine off ,that got replaced by a solid  Billet mount  from the US after the original one snapped . Did two drive belts and yes the  engine vibes could be a bit intrusive around 2500 down to 2000rpm when using engine braking but other than that a really enjoyable ride .

One problem is the needle roller bearings in the gearbox out put shaft ,if the bike is left ,say overwinter on the side stand , the bearings are out of the oil and corrode ,there is a conversion ,look up Maz Matsell on the internet , it's just a grease nipple in the end cover but it cures the problem .
 Good choice

Offline BIG D

• Founding Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 13:53:00 PM »
 8)

So you announced it then Jim, ;D Told you I would let you do it, Nice bike mate and they are miles different than the old type with the pure Harley lump and being an 08+ it's got all the major improvements like mine,
The MAZ nipple as it's known, mentioned by Drumnagorrach is a worthy addition and only costs about £12 and it gives you the opportunity to lube the roller bearings.
I must try and upload some pics myself but I don't use a third party I only have them on my computer and can't seam to upload from there.

Don   

Offline BIG D

• Founding Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 20:37:15 PM »

Here you go Jim

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 11:24:15 AM »
Fugginell, your brave!

Hope yer fillings are well and truelly secure, cos if they ain't then that thing will have then falling out in no time  :o  ;)

Always fascinated by the mans (Mr Buell) engineering take on what a bike should be like. Outside the box was invented by him I think.

Big Don on here has a Ulysees and he loves it . . . . . . maybe not as much as he loves his 1988 Transalp, but he does love it  ;D

Perhaps you'll have it in work with you when eldest & I pop by next month on the way to Dent? You know, when I drop off the bits that i forgot to pack in with the Trangia  ::)  :)

Take care and enjoy your new wheels.

Steve T

8)

I think a Ulysses and a Transalp is a great combination!

I’ll make sure I bring it to work when you’re passing Steve :)