Author Topic: Are you enjoying a Scottish ADV Forum  (Read 22934 times)

Offline Spud

Re: Are you enjoying a Scottish ADV Forum
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 14:48:05 PM »
This may get bigger than you think  ;) I know someone who is trying to do the same thing but as a Welsh site they are trying to get help from the tourist board  ;).

I wish you well with the site as I'm always happy north of the border as long as you keep your bloody Eagles under control  :-[

cheers Spud  ;)

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
  • Forum Owner / Transalp Modifier / Founding Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 17:10:15 PM »
Cheers Spud
Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

Offline kmac

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
Well done Craig & Jen and thank you for all the effort its taken to get this place started.

Steve T

8)

I'd second that!  8)

I think its going to do well Craig and I love it's "Scottishness" too. Some of us are fortunate to live in a real bikers dream country..................well apart from the rain...the wind...the cold.....the midges.....the condition of the roads at times..........mmm?  ::)

Kmac
TA650(V4)

Offline Kenbo

• Slangie Va
    • Kenbos Photos
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 13:37:05 PM »
Well done Craig & Jen and thank you for all the effort its taken to get this place started.

Steve T

8)

I'd second that!  8)

I think its going to do well Craig and I love it's "Scottishness" too. Some of us are fortunate to live in a real bikers dream country..................well apart from the rain...the wind...the cold.....the midges.....the condition of the roads at times..........mmm?  ::)

Kmac

I agree with this post.  Do not worry if I do not post lots I am not out just to get figures up I only post where I think relevant.
Even on the other site I was on near the beginning but todate only have about 300 posts.

So carry on doing a good job  ;D

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
Cheers The Wilbur

Trouble posting pictures ,, see this thread  http://advscotland.com/index.php?topic=53.0
I would highly recommend , Phhotobucket / Flickr etc as you can upload once then link your pictures here and other forums ..

p.s.
Remember, Scotland is more than the Highlands.

I live in the Lowlands (aberdeen) .. so will try to give people a feel for the area ..  ;) ;)

Offline CBSTD

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 18:43:36 PM »
Well Craig I agree with Steve T it just feels a bit more local and grounded, I struggle with posting pics but that's more about my IT skills, fighting with an IPad and all my pics being on a lap top at home, can try and post pics of bits of this vessel they're building roll on the spring and I can get out and take new pics

Offline The Mountie

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 17:02:31 PM »
Aye   8)
Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go.....err NOT!!!

Offline scotsy

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 17:57:53 PM »
I love this new Scottish forum (even though I'm English ;))

For a start its about the roads, scenery and folk from north of the border and I LOVE riding there!!!

My mother was Scottish and my wife of 35 years was from Greenock (sadly I'm a widower :()

I also spend 5 days a week working (driving a van) and staying around the Lanark area (moving there soon from Larkhall) and have been doing so for just over 2 years now. I mostly do 2 longish runs which include going out to Ayr via Greenock (doesn't sound very  long to you? ... but it starts at my home Near Wigan on a Monday morning at 6am then across to load the van at Doncaster..... I then drive approximately another 350 miles on top of that to make the run almost 440 miles long. My other long days are Tuesday and Thursday when I go via Forres to Inverurie and often includes Dundee, Aberdeen, Perth (via Banchory 8)), Glenrothes, Edinburgh, Falkirk etc

Last year I did over 80,000 miles in the van but I keep begging for the sales team to get me some customers in the Western Highlands but to no avail >:(

I usually organise a trip or two each year for some of my riding mates and in fact we passed through Ullapool (and stopped for fish and chips) on the Saturday of the ABR rally last year on our way from Inchree rooms at Onich to Durness. I also went on another trip last May over 5 nights  doing an anti-clockwise circuit (not my run, just tagging along)

I have booked the 6 berth cabin for 3 nights for you rally so we can make a long weekend of it and get another days riding in whilst up there

Long may the forum avoid the keyboard knobheads who manage to spoil so many forums  :'(

So good luck and you are doing a great job so far, keep up the good work!!!

are ride reports about other rides to other places encouraged (eg, England, Europe etc?) might post a couple up for general viewing ()or avoiding  :o ;) :)

Ian

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 18:46:55 PM by LargeWayRound »

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 18:33:20 PM »
Hi Scotsy (Ian)

Couple of things ..

I am really pleased with our forum and delighted that people are being positive about it ..

I really know where you are coming from regards driving .. I did it for 5 years and finally gave it up to work from home

Ride reports .. feel free .. In the reports section there is Scotland , Europe and Rest of the world.. Everyone loves a good trip report with pics of course .

Keyboard warriors .. yep hit the nail on head ....... Another reason I left ABR .. I was strongly against them and the trolls but without proper discussion with the owners and other mods was difficult ....
This forum software has proper moderating functions and mod areas so the mods can chat  and make decisions together  ..
Also give out warnings etc as part of the software .. very good indeed ..

ABR has not got moderator sections or any of the mod tools as above..   ..  ::)

Whilst most  forums start out all nice the bigger it grows the more likelihood that things can go wrong and without proper systems and mod guidelines and backup (plus constituency) of rules .. then things can go fast quickly .

Being a nice place to visit the forum hopefully will grow quickly .. but I am aware that there are a huge amount of forums that let anything go , this will not be the case here .. Yeah have a laugh and a joke , banter but cross the line and the crazed power mad moderator swings into action (Jenifer)  ;D ;D
She is well used to moderating in a robust style ..    :o

Again thanks for your and everyones contribitions so far .. (you can only have a successful forum will good members)

Cheers LWR
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 18:35:53 PM by LargeWayRound »

Offline Mozza

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 18:49:40 PM »
Well I've got to admit that considering it's a foreign site, I've hardly had to use Google translate...  :P

Seriously though, considering I'm a newbie here, the site has kept me coming back on a daily basis. Seems to have a great bunch of members and I love reading the trip reports and pretty much everything else.

Keep up the good work and thanks for having us  ;D

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 19:03:32 PM »
 ;D ;D

Cheers

Offline Steve T

• Founding Member
  • Compulsive Farkler, but still learning from LWR ;-
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 20:57:52 PM »
Off topic I know, but Scotsy - you pass my house on the way to Inverurie from Forres - I'm in the village of Lhanbryde  :)
"A bad writer wastes time. A good writer bends time"

Dan Walsh