Posts by Hamish

Your bike looks great Craig, and those Lomo panniers look neater and more useable than the big ones (that have sat in my garage since the 2019 strontian rally)

Iain

Can't get motivated to read anything just now but really enjoyed Graham Fields books and Nathan Milward's books were really good.

Icelandic Crime novels by Arnaldur Indridason are absolutely brilliant

Iain

I am always cold on my bike and seem to have spent a fortune on base layers over the years. I have 'decent' motorcycle clothing and have also tried an insulated coat under my bike jacket.
    Decided I'm gonna go for a keis heated vest but wondered if there was an alternative to the very expensive batteries? They appear to be just 2600 ma battery packs?Any thoughts or advice would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

Iain

Well,

Bike now personalised, have put on a taller screen, barkbusters and a givi pannier rack, lomo panniers getting purchased soon.
    New tyres fitted today, went for TKC70's, what a difference. have to say I'm loving it, very torquey and comfortable.
    Again booked to go to strontian on 13&14 April with a few local guys
    Bring on the summer

Iain

Was over that way today, New tyres on at Olivers in Denholm, then home via St Boswells, Selkirk and back to Hawick. We live in a lovely part of the country

Iain

Thanks Steve, for the bent bars off it and stuck a set of old bars on it tonight and had a run 'round the block', really like it, steering still not quite straight, gonna try loosening the front end and plunging the forks to see if that sorts it at the weekend.

Cheers

Iain

Bike passed the mot with advisories on a bent brake lever and back tyre, will get a front and back tyre over the winter. When I rode it to the garage the handlebars are bent (thought the front end was twisted), brought it back tonight and it's horrible to ride. Have ordered a set of Renthals which will be here on tuesday, hopefully that will sort it.
    I have also noticed that it feels physically small, can get my feet down, thought I had read that you needed long legs which mines arent, mates 650 looks like a much bigger bike.

Happy days

Thanks, aim is to get it through its mot, apply for v5 and road tax Friday and hopefully riding it by the weekend.

Possibly need a new back tyre, it's got Bridgestone trailwings on, front has plenty meat left, will i have to have a matching pair? Are the Bridgestones any good?
    Need some kind of protection, maybe crash bars and bar ends.

Oh, and it's not too tall, can almost get my feet down.

Looking forward to personalizing it

Iain

Well, fancied a change, my mate sold his tracer and bought a 650 transalp for over the winter, he gave me a go and I loved it!
    A 700 transalp came up on eBay, its a cat N no structural damage, going very cheap. Its a 61 plate and I broke even selling the tdm. It had a bent brake lever, indicator and a scratched seat, no v5 or MOT which is getting done on Friday, fingers crossed it passes.
    Had lots of plans for this summer, wife broke her ankle in march and a flare up of Rheumatoid arthritis which scuppered everything except a crutch and wheelchair holiday on Skye in may. Hey ho, perfect end to the year, lots of commutes to work, otherwise, no camping and no long runs.
    I will review my camping gear if it ever comes out from under my bed