Posts by flyfifer

Steve,

did you take the critter home in a matchbox??

Craig,

Thanks for the comment about the Unusually Sandy Deeside road.

I will wait until you have swept it before I bother the Braemar Cairn O mount circle !!

lockdown 2021 ended today, for me and Dougie K, at least.

A wee run along Loch Rannoch and an al fresco sausage or two. Dougie on the Tea stove ; me on the sausages.

note the wee stove platform.

pure dead magic, a run on the bike !!!

I put these on Gumtree, might be of interest to someone on here, won't post the pics on here.

Manitou Mountain bike Suspension forks.

Purchased around 1990 at a cost of £350ish and used for some years.

Compression and Rebound rubbers all deteriorated and were removed. Coil springs fitted.

Manitou owners manual included.

Suit bicycle rebuild enthusiast. £50.

Cycle Rack and Panniers.

A Blackburn rack with a Pair of Karrimor panniers.

The panniers are in excellent condition with no broken stitches or scuffs.

The main compartment of each pannier is 15litres.

There are mesh pockets on the pannier tops and a zipped side pocket on each pannier.

The panniers fix to the rack by two features.

A quick mount plate on the pannier rear with a mounting disc on the rack

and

A pair of spring "hooks" , on the pannier top edge, to the rack rail.

A safety strap links the two panniers together across the rack.

The pannier has a draw string closing inner, under the top flap and comes with waterproof outer covers.

Purchased around 1990 when Karrimor made quality outdoor gear.

£50. for the Blackburn rack & pair of Karrimor Panniers.

Shimano PD747 clipless pedals. These bombproof pedals were purchased around 1990, were well used, but not for several years. In good working condition.

No cleats are included. £35.

I have put this post on this thread as despite it being a definitive statement by the owner it is at odds with any other place I have looked at.

---Sango Sands Campsite will open with Showers and Toilets on 26th April. The Oasis cafe/,bar will be closed until mid May.

Unsurprisingly any of the Island campsites/bunksites that were showing enthusiasm were (probably reasonably and understandably) looking for minimum of two nights -- but the 26th April seemed to be being viewed more positively.

I have just had a VERY quick scan through a few campsite web pages.

The 26th April date seems to being treated with initial enthusiasm and then scepticism.

This seems to be a reflection of the possible tier restrictions at random geographical locations across the country.

Other sites are saying No Tents in 2021.

Mid May, referencing the planned change in what's open on 17th, is floated elsewhere but no specific clarity on Tents.

I guess it's pretty much what most of us suspected.

An ongoing scunner - worse for those trying to earn a living, of course.

Ditto re travel --

But travel and stay would be better !

Having been cooped up between the Ochils, the Forth and an Eastern & Western roundabout ----barely ten miles apart is beginning to get to me !!

I don't see camp sites opening any time soon.

Wee Nicky threw in "subject to conditions" when she referred to Tourist Accomodation.

I have not tried to look for and trawl through any written stuff from Scot Gov but I suspect that hotels and the like will have social distancing rules residents.

No doubt it will currently still be wooly vague.

Camp sites might only be camper vans with facilities, as complying with " conditions" will be impractical.

Only my doom and gloom thoughts.

3dawg will presumably be researching the detail.