Posts by flyfifer

Without wishing to offend anybody ----- >:(
    Whilst it's convenient to refer to groups of roads by Tourist Board acronyms I really do dislike their use.
    The roads were all there before and I doubt if anybody on here did not know that before the marketing boys got involved.
    I have it from a few folk who live along the Ullapool/Tongue/Lairg/Thurso area that crowds of cyclists and chains of car groups are becoming a problem. Too many of them in a bunch to get into passing places and let folk wanting to make progress and get to work.
    The service industry folk on the other hand are of course delighted.

I just put up a wee post in trips and am still hoping to catch another day or two out before parking the bike up for the winter and sticking to hill walking for a month or two.

I have been trying to think up wee things to do to the Tiger over the Winter but not come up with much as I have already done all I could think of.
    Glad to hear that The Mountie has got the 2017 Quest sorted. I might try to do it more slowly next year and avoid "work around solutions" I did finally find a real hairy caterpillar, on the pier at Ballantrae's wee harbour, a couple of weeks ago !
    A bunch of us are thinking of South West Ireland and I am trying to convince them that the weather will be better in Ireland The Second Last Weekend in May , rather than the last ! None of them want to camp which is a bummer tho !
    LWR and The Mountie ---- keep taking the pills !

I filled up with petrol at the Lochgilphead Tesco today.
    So what you say !
    I sat on the bike and filled up; my mate pulled up as I finished fueling, sat on the bike, started to fuel and the pump got cut off.
    Explanation ---- you must dismount to fuel ,HandS etc.

I guess I was out of their eyeline so fuelled problem free ---but it was def a first for that Petrol station. ???
    I guess we will just use the petrol station at the other end of the town from now on.

Jings !
    I arrived at Strontian on the Thursday afternoon and Wilbur invited me to set up the tent near his.
    We spoke frequently over the w'end and I got to find him a friendly ,open, sincere man.
    R.I.P.

BREAKDOWN RECOVERY
    Stu flagged up that he is aware his recovery is limited .
    Don't get caught thinking you have recovery when the policy says " nearest garage or place of safety up to 15 miles".
    I have a mate who only read that small print after buying the policy
    . If you trundle around the West Highlands a recovery policy like that is next to useless.

Mountie, fully comp ?
    That seems remarkably cheap for Carole Nash ---- I have been with them and they always seemed similar to Bennets.
    Any special discounts involved ?

Bennets who selected Zenith Insurance PLC.
    £276
    Includes ------ Protected no Claims, legal expenses, breakdown cover ("complimentary" EU) , Brokers arrangement fee.
    £600 compulsory excess.
    2015 Triumph Tiger, with the value recorded as £9200.
    No claims made.
    Be interesting to see what this topic yields.

If trying to get Mr Honda to go, ---- mmmmm (in Japanese) maybe there is a problem here---------, is an aspiration read the stuff still bring posted about Kevin Ash's accident on the 1200GS in 2013. :(.

Mountie,
    I hope you are back "North" by now. Remember to do exactly what the Physio says and not your own "programme".
    Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
    Ian.

P.S. Use the time to come up with a difficult 2017 Quest !!