Awesome ride report , fantastic to see these places
Awesome stuff Phil
Enjoyed the chilled video
Our new ADV Scotland Mascot ..... Scout
Long Haired German Shepherd in this picture he is 8 weeks old.
Been a handful but getting on ok with the training etc .
My trip home was very wet until I got to Perth Services then the sun came out .
But Ian a bit knackered now and my shoulder is playing up somewhat.
Thanks for everyone who came along to the meet .
Great to have a rally again .
So quick fuel update, from Ian (Gairloch) he is now at the campsite and putting up his tent.
Fort william had petrol at most stations but the good news is that the petrol station (post office) in Strontian has had delivery so plenty fuel ⛽️
There are 3or4 hardy adventurers already at the campsite.
If you need anything on arrival just see Ian or Tim until I hopefully arrive after lunchtime tomorrow (Friday)
Cheers for now
Did I tell you about the Rally I once organised in Ullapool , and there was a mini hurricane
Actual looks better in todays forecast then at the weekend so hope it continues to improve .
at the minute it's pretty hard to get anything round here. I have 88 miles in the tank so hopefully will find something on way up. we are having to isle of arran on Thursday then across and up the coast to the corran ferry on Friday, so will be there Friday evening at some point. looking forward to it.
Our man on the ground will be checking the Strontian fuel on thursday when he gets there , then letting me know .
I will post on this thread with update when I hear the news..
Thanks for the update Rick
So I spoke to the Post Office (fuel) in Strontian 15mins ago (monday afternoon) .
And he is out of Diesel but still has petrol at the moment and expecting a delivery tomorrow or wednesday .
Will check again on Thursday
There is always something but hopefully we will overcome the challenges.
If the situation gets worse it may be a case of cancelling the rally
There is a small petrol station in the village but top up where you can , oban , fort william .
Hopefully the (media driven) situation will have settled by the weekend .
I will also ask the campsite when I call this week the local petrol situation in Strontian and get a petrol level in the tank.
Hi....due to some last minute rescheduling of plans, I find that I'm no longer able to commit to this rally. Sorry for the late notification, and that I'll not be able to meet y'all at last. Next one, hopefully
Thats a shame , maybe next time
But thanks for letting me know
I might be interested in this, need to check to see if it will be a single booking or two bikes, riders and tents.
Just thought I'd give you the heads up
Re message above from Mawse - I would be second rider/camper that Mawse is referring to.
Can you confirm please for both Mawse and I - that 2 places are still available and can be "reserved" for us - two bikes, two riders, two tents.
We will confirm shortly that we can make it.
Yip placed you both on the list , just let me know if you can't make it ,
Sounds good John ...
Be great to see everyone again . Been to long
Welcome to the forum Grumpy