New Bike arghhhhhh

• If one more person waves there £11000 brand new bike at me .. there is going to be trouble .

Look how much money I have ,, blah blah blah .....

"Oh , I would love a new bike , but I can't even afford a frigging Mars Bar " (note: I am not allowed to eat Mars Bars)

Might be able to save up enough to buy a nice second hand one , but £11000 and above for a new bike . How the other half live I guess......

Is it just me ............. :o ::)

• Nope not just you.

Just payed off my bike and it going to have to last me a good few years yet. No matter how much Iwant a new one :-\

• Aye, I bought my three year old S10 in September. More than double the price of any other bike I've bought.

As above, a few years before I will have her paid off and also why I won't be stayin in hotels anytime soon. As much as I enjoy camping, couldn't afford hotels.

But I don't grudge anything someone else has. Usually they've worked their arse off for it. Just don't be a baw bag show off about it!

Not all who wander are lost...

• My philosophy now is can a new bike be thousands n thousands better than what I've got. The answer, to me at least, is no. 07 Varadero does everything I want and need it to do. To spend/borrow a squidload of cash for what essentially would really only be shinier and newer don't do it for me now. I wouldn't go any faster, further or longer on a new bike.

• I bought a new R1 in 2006, (50th anniversary model) which I've still got. They were cheaper then, but still expensive in the greater scheme of things, but the other half talked me into it and I've never regretted it. ;D

I've just recently bought the BMW S1000XR which the other half again convinced me to buy, :P but again, I love it and think a new bike every 10 years or so isn't greedy.

Life's too short and you can't take it with you, so enjoy as much as you can while you can ;D

• If one more person waves there £11000 brand new bike at me .. there is going to be trouble .

Look how much money I have ,, blah blah blah .....

Bit of a generalisation that is it not... I spent 20 odd years working my arse off in some shit holes to get where I am now. Yep I have a 13 grand bike, but I don't wave it about and use it as a bragging chip, unless posting pics of it in the show us your bike thread, or touring threads on here is classed as bragging? As Mozza said life is to short, so I'm going to enjoy the money I have and I'm going to enjoy it now...before the effects of the shit holes kick in!

• Bit of a generalisation that is it not... I spent 20 odd years working my arse off in some Poo holes to get where I am now. Yep I have a 13 grand bike, but I don't wave it about and use it as a bragging chip, unless posting pics of it in the show us your bike thread, or touring threads on here is classed as bragging? As Mozza said life is to short, so I'm going to enjoy the money I have and I'm going to enjoy it now...before the effects of the Poo holes kick in!

Yip , was having a poo day ..

I certainly don't grudge anyone having a new bike but as someone else mentioned it's the constantly waving in everyone faces that pee's me off abit .
    And not anyone on this forum . . (should have mentioned that ) .

I have mellowed down a bit today .

• ;D New Bike arghh, sez the man that started a thread New Car only a couple of days ago.

Trying to explain it wasn't new ---- too late, it said New Car !!!! ;D ;)

LOL About to say what happend to all the money you saved from giving up smoking !!!!!!

• I wonder how many people who buy the £11k bikes do so with schemes which mean they never own the bike and they have to keep it in pristine condition and they cannot modify it and it costs them if they do too many miles.......

• Pristine..... cannot modify..... too many miles.....

If your going to be as offensive and downright obscene, I think the mods will have to ban you from this site Throttled!!!!

Not all who wander are lost...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!