What you been doing to your bike

• So what have you been doing to your bike .... today

I cleaned all the spokes and applied some ACF50 to the ends to help stop the corrosion .
    Checked Tyres .. mmm front needs changing soon
    Plus all the usual ,, pressures , oil , water levels .. etc

What have you been up to .??.

• Spokes are just a bugger to clean on the Panzer :o

What did you use to clean yours, and what sort of result did you get?

I generally use a scouring pad type sponge thing on mine

Heff

If I'm not online, I'm out on the Panzer

• I have been fitting some of the toys I took off the red bike, nearly there. Not been out on the silver one yet as I need to keep the red one insured until I go for an MOT on Saturday, hopefully a years MOT might help it to sell. :D

Andy.

Every day above ground is a good day.

• Wash , then rinse .. cover in ACF50 .. applied ACF with a very small paint brush .

Surprised that there is still some salt on the roads , left over from winter .. had the salty type corrosion on some of the spokes and bolts after last weekends ride out .

Couple more heavy rain showers will hope fully wash it away ..

On a side note Transalp spokes are pants ..

• I have been fitting some of the toys I took off the red bike, nearly there. Not been out on the silver one yet as I need to keep the red one insured until I go for an MOT on Saturday, hopefully a years MOT might help it to sell. :D

Andy.

Enjoy your new bike andy , she's a peach .. need pictures of your extras when you have finished changing over ! ;)

• Fitted a gear indicator I found on a shelf in the garage, might as well use it. Fitted a 12v socket to charge my phone. Took pannier rails off and hammerited and waxoyled the bit behind the numberplate which gets battered by what's thrown up off the back wheel. Polished it. Refitted top box base plate in a better position. Had a ride and booked it in for an MOT next Tuesday.

• I've spent the last 3 evenings creating a sump guard for the 650 Alp.

Last night saw it's "final fitting" and most of the sharp edges rounded off and the rest of the edges given a rub down with a file to give them a finished look and not a "hacked to death" look :o

Tonight I'll be de-greasing it, giving it a light rub down to key the surface ready for a rattle can finish in matt black. Photo's will follow, once the paint has dried ;D. Kmac of this parish will be able to give his un-biased opinion of my handy work after his visit to the Thomas shed on Sunday, to get the brake lines on his Alp changed to the braided kind ;)

Gotta say that this piece of alloy fettling has been the most challenging of all the sump guards I've done, because I wanted to use all the original mounting points that the plastic Honda item used, and not the "P" clip solution that TT & other named providers seem to use.

Saying that, I'm looking at the NC700 in the garage and trying to think of how I'm going to make one up for that - it's got 2 mounting bolts and 3 push in plastic spigots holding it's sump guard on! :o

Steve T

8)

• Here a few pictures of this weeks efforts in the garage . . . . .

Cardboard version

Metal version

On bike - LH Side

On bike - RH Side

Will now need to take it for a good run, to make sure nowt falls off or interferes with any other bits wot they shouldn't :o ;D

Steve T

8)

• I saw the aforementioned piece of kit on Sunday. What a top job Steve has done. I would have commissioned one from him if I had known! ;)
    Thanks for the spanner twisting on Sunday Steve. ;D

• Get a steel collar same internal diameter as the pivot bolt, drill frame lug to fit outside diameter of collar, weld collar in place, tidy up with grinder...............job done. :)

Andy.

Every day above ground is a good day.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!