ADV Scotland ‘Hangman's Cairn' Rally 2022
Dust off those tents again for another mini rally in September 2022.
Friday 30th Sept 2022 - Saturday 1st October 2022 (2 nights)
Nairn is a small historic fishing town, located about 17 miles east of Inverness. An ideal base for exploring the Highlands.
Nairn’s sandy beaches make it a great family holiday destination. Located on the magnificent Moray Firth, be on the look out for dolphins leaping from the water.
New Campsite so different way to do things this time.
- All adventurers must make their own bookings direct with the campsite (they have a handy online booking system) Placing ADVSCOTLAND in the notes section at the end so we all can be put together in our allocated space... (click book online at top of this link) https://www.barrowcampsite.com
- When you have booked your pitch let me know by posting here or private message , so I can add you to the master list.
- There is no pub or shop within walking distance so make sure you have supplies with you. Nairn is 10mins drive away to shops , supermarket.
- A fairly large bothy is next to tent field and there is a fire pit , Ewan the owner is kindly suppling firewood.
- We will be allocated the area down by the Pond . (If you fancy a swim in the morning)
- If we can get a few people going , I will make up event stickers
- Tent pitches are £13 per night (for 1 person)
Be very careful on the gravel as there are some deep patches, if you want to turn right at the Cow and follow the track around to the Bothy Pitch (against the one way system) this may help .
You can park your bikes by your tent or if you don't want to go onto the grass you can park beside the Pods (just be mindful of not blocking access to the members who have rented the Pods)
All going well in September we hope to go back in April / May 2023
Massive thanks to SteveT for doing a site visit and contacting Ewan (owner), thanks also the Flyfifer for helping research other sites.
AdamT and Daughter