Any Cyclists?

• Anyone else here also enjoy 2 non-motorized wheels? I'm almost as keen a cyclist as I am a motorcyclist & looking forward to getting out & about in Scotland under pedal power too. Many years & many pounds ago I was a below average road racer but now it's more about staying fit (mentally as well as physically) and I just ride at a pace that takes my fancy.

The stable is somewhat esoteric;

• Rivendell Platypus - most comfortable bike ever, designed for comfortable cruising, deceptively quicker than the grocery getter look which leads to some cheeky fun passing the lycra crowd
    • Brompton 3 Speed - the ultimate city bike & a brilliant piece of UK engineering, always wanted but could never justify the price, then one came up for sale locally too cheap to ignore
    • Kona ULXD - COVID project built up specifically for bikepacking in your fair locale - Hebridean Way here I come!
    • CIOCC - full on race bike, Deddacciai tubing, Campy Carbon Record, fast & uncomfortable as all get out but I can't bear to let her go

IMG_20180313_163010_01-COLLAGE_autoscaled.jpg

"El piloto que se levanta es aún más grande que el piloto que no ha caido"

2019 BMW R1250GSA "timBUCK 2"
    2020 Husqvarna FE501S
    2016 Toni Elias #24 Yoshimura GSXR Superbike "you cannot be serious?"

• I have a Marin Indian Fire Trail, with a Manituou fork, hanging up in the garage --- that I did many up hill and downhill miles on, many moons ago.

A much more recent, road bike, is also a garage ornament these days.

• I have a Marin Indian Fire Trail, with a Manituou fork, hanging up in the garage --- that I did many up hill and downhill miles on, many moons ago.

That was some serious kit back in the day, $2,500 bike in 2010!

"El piloto que se levanta es aún más grande que el piloto que no ha caido"

2019 BMW R1250GSA "timBUCK 2"
    2020 Husqvarna FE501S
    2016 Toni Elias #24 Yoshimura GSXR Superbike "you cannot be serious?"

• I bought it somewhere around 1990s and it was indeed a serious spend at the time.

Trundled all over Scotland mostly exploring drove roads (and no roads) --- having wandered the tops of the hills for years.

I had the same problem then, that I have now, of just going a "little bit further" until I stop !

A motorcycle encourages carrying lots of kit - and I confess to enjoying that. Complete opposite to a bicycle !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!