I am too poor to holiday in Scotland

• Made an arrangement to meet a mate at the Clachaig in Glen Coe next week for a spot of lunch. Mrs 3D suggests we stay over after. Quick check... £160!!!

Holy shit, I need to move my operation!

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

• Three Dawg

Changed the title of the thread from “I am too poor to holiday in Scotlad” to “I am too poor to holiday in Scotland”.
  • We stayed at Pitlochry just over a week ago and was surprised at some of the prices there. We stayed the YHA which was good value, but then got a shock in the town. Pint £5, (to be fair £5 seems to be becoming the norm in tourist places) fish & chips £18, Plain burger £16 and a breakfast was £13... =O

Needless to say we found other places to eat but suffered the £5 a pint.

After the year we've had and the loss of monies, plus the additional spend the businesses have had to spend to open, I do get that they need to up the prices a bit, but some things are just...well... wow.

• Pitlochry is a tourist pit.

I passed through on Sunday and it was absolutely heaving. My friend stayed there last week, £5.85 for a pint, stuff that !!!

Greenest XRV Africa Twin , BMW 1200 GS Adventure, Yamaha WR450F, Yamaha Tenere

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow's a Mystery 8)

• Ha, just managed to book a pitch in Shildaig for £20 for Wednesday. Looking forward to it - lunch at Sheena's Tea Hut in Arnisdale , Shieldaig then a leisurely run through Torridon and Gairloch on Thursday. Yip yip!

• The pitch seems to be priced per person - two max, no cars. Thought £20 was pretty reasonable for the two of us, especially compared to B&Bs over there. Massive faff to dig out all the gear, but I'm a £ ton better off.

• For two people (given that the cost of looking after the facilities has to be paid for) on reflection I stand abashed at my £miserable first reaction !

Nothing like a shake down to find what you forgot !

Enjoy!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!