So I thought f**k it. Again.

• So there I am, idly looking on ba.com for Avios flights to Cape Town, when two irresistable seats pop up. Next thing I've booked to go at the beginning of November for six weeks! =O

Plan is to go up to Namibia (see Itchy Boots recent output to get an idea) and maybe dip a toe in Angola if possible.

Lots of unknowns at the moment: flying the bike is very expensive right now, so would have to go seafreight meaning the bike might be gone and we can't go, don't want to spend ££££ on a quarantine hotel so SA would have to come off the red list, might get stuck in a country unable to get out, etc etc. But hey, life on the edge eh?

Think I need to dig out all my camping gear - cheap to camp at fancy lodges and so much fun! Yip yip!

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

Edited once, last by Three Dawg ().

• Well Avios bookings are fully flexible even in normal times. It's having to send the bike away five weeks ahead of time that might cause a problem -I really don't want to spend any time locked in a crappy airport hotel on Bath Road

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!