Leatherman Crunch

• One of my favourites , always have it on my bike .

As usual Leatherman quality and has helped on more than a few occasions .

Also used when camping as a pot handle grip .

The knife is razor sharp , serrated type blade

The main event visegrips are awesome but leave marks if used on soft metal .

The price is prohibitive , I received mine as a present. :):)

Along with a few other knifes I have .......

• 25 year guarantee though. I got my first Leatherman in about 1989. Sent it back after several years for them to fit a new screwdriver, they offered to replace the whole thing so I paid a bit extra to upgrade to the Supertool model. Still have it, probably coming to the end of its warranty period now, and I use it all the time.

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

• They are expensive, but Leatherman are the kings of multi-tools. Very high quality piece of kit. You do get what you pay for, or in my case what my son paid for ?.

He bought me a Skeletool a few years ago, it usually lives in the car. I didn’t realise how expensive they were ? until I was scouting for a photo a few minutes ago. Not quite as expensive as Three Dawg’s Crunch, hmm ? that sounds like an alternative Country & Western band ?

50909784831_6ecd744724.jpg

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

Edited once, last by JimRidesThis! ().

• A pair of mini mole grips I really do get but I don't get the inclusion of other items, like for instance a wee file or screwdriver, which must be more practical even as small separate items.

I understand the concept of them all being in one place but I don't get the practicality.

Just my opinion of course.

I suspect my view is coloured by an apprenticeship where we made specific, separate, hand tools --- just so you knew how to make stuff, in case you needed to.

I still think £120 is a lot of cash for a no doubt sturdy device.

• A pair of mini mole grips I really do get but I don't get the inclusion of other items, like for instance a wee file or screwdriver, which must be more practical even as small separate items.

I understand the concept of them all being in one place but I don't get the practicality.

Just my opinion of course.

I suspect my view is coloured by an apprenticeship where we made specific, separate, hand tools --- just so you knew how to make stuff, in case you needed to.

I still think £120 is a lot of cash for a no doubt sturdy device.

I’ve always thought the same (particularly with the over equipped Swiss Army knives) but I have used the screwdrivers on the Skeletool. They’re pretty good ?.

Mine doesn’t have a file, but I have one in my manicure set anyway ?

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!