My motocamping gear #5 | Insulated mug/cafetière

• My motocamping gear #5 | Insulated mug/cafetière

I love a cup of hot, fresh brewed, Italian-blend coffee. It's my morning ritual at home or when I'm camping! ^^ I'm not a fan of steel or aluminium mugs and I like my coffee hot so when I found an insulated plastic ABS mug with a built in cafetière function I bought it. That was over 15 years ago and it's still going strong :).

As I've had this mug for a long time, I didn't hold out much hope of finding one online ;) but, much to my surprise you can still get 'em! I'll put a link at the bottom of the page.

And. here it is in action, somewhere in southern France, in 2018.

Pros

• Very strong, robust construction
    • Wide base proportionally making it much more stable than those tall stainless steel mugs I see on a lot of campsites. It makes it easy to wash out too, and I've just seen I can put it in the dishwasher when I get home from a trip.
    • The cafetière function. Just brilliant for my morning 'cup of Joe!' I didn't think it was going to last long, I was wrong, it still functions perfectly.
    • It's plastic - light and no burnt lips or need for those silicone lip-guard things.
    • Insulated - keeps my beverage of choice nice and hot :)

Cons

• Absolutely none. It's perfect.

If your requirements are similar to mine and you're still looking for that 'perfect camping mug' here's an AmazonUK link.

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

• Great stuff Jim,

Thanks for posting, been after one of these for a while, lost the link some time ago.

Ordered up, ready for camping jollys whenever.

Thanks for posting, catch up soon hopefully. :thumbup:

Greenest XRV Africa Twin , Yamaha WR450F, Yamaha Tenere

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow's a Mystery 8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!