DIY Gel seat insert - Aprilia Pegaso Trail

• Hi everyone

Just fitted a gel pad seat insert to my Aprilia Pegaso Trail, posted similar photos a while ago when I did my ZRX seat, but hopefully posting using flickr will make them more accessable. The photos should be self explanatory, took less than 2 hours to complete. Gel pad was under £20 so did not break the bank!

• Bruce, good job again.

Three Dawg, When I had the Tiger I bought a pair of Moto Skiveez and initially thought they gave a bit of added plushness. Eventually though I decided the padding felt constricticting and uncomfortable. Consigned to "back of the drawer"

When the GT came along I tried them again -and if any seat would have benefited the GT OEM would but alas they were no help.

It did get me thinking about shorts again thoughj.

I took a pair of cycling shorts and cut out the padding. Long legs and high back now seem gto me to be the way to go.

I have now worn the padless cycle shorts a few times and i Do like them. Base layer tucks in and has no chance of easing up and the long legs do feel comfy on the bike.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!