How is everyone doing during this lockdown ?

• Hope everyone is healthy and not suffering with covid19 .

Its been over a week now .

No money coming in , polishing the bike , missing out on planned holidays / weekends away / doing all those jobs around house that you never seem to have time for.

Good news about self employed people hopefully getting a bit of money in june (if there is anything left)

I have been feeling very down because I strained myself doing some heavy work that I should not have done. I guess that my body still is not healed 100% after my operation.

Stay Safe Guys / Girls

• I've written the whole year off. Hope they come up with more than 3 months worth of help for us, business interruption insurance doesn't cover it but we will survive. Feel desperately sorry for those with borrowing.

Lots to do anyhow, painting and gardening, but will run out of stuff I need for this work in the not too distant. Stuff I could be doing to the bikes will have to wait until things settle down a bit.

Glad I got the South Am ride in when I did - carpe diem eh?

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

• I’m one of the lucky ones working from home on a salary, so no money worries for the time-being. I’ve spent the last two weeks trying to be a voice of calm and reason for my students while at the same time telling them that I’ve no idea what’s going to happen.

Aside from that, we’re doubly lucky. We moved into a ‘project’ smallholding late last year so between the house and the land we have loads to be getting on with. Mrs JRT has been busy digging the veg plot and making huge bonfires - over the years I’ve found it’s best to keep her busy ^^. I can’t imagine what it must be like staring down the barrel of this extended isolation for those stuck in a flat in the middle of a city.

No motorcycling expectations for this year obviously, though I do have the XL600R engine to build when the mood takes me :). The Buell and TDM will both be getting some extra TLC too.

I’ve also just ordered a ‘bushcraft’ tarp set from LOMO. I’ll be practicing making tarp shelters with the comforting thought that I’ll be within a couple of hundred yards of home should it all go drastically wrong ^^

I’m also beginning to explore early retirement options, assuming the University survives this intact. That’s not at all certain, it’ll all depend on how many students decide, or are able, to take up places in September. Can’t really afford to (or want to) retire from the job I love yet, but I might not have a choice.

We live in interesting times!

Stay safe everyone!

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

• Proper bored! So bored I've buffed the bikes up to OMG levels of shine 8) (that is, of course a fib, but they are VERY clean ;))

No, really, so bored, I sorted out a work slot and used the unique self isolating properties of two wheeled travel to get out and do my monthly checks of the many bits of equipment we have spread over Moray.

Cullen viaduct proved to be a very scenic location, these pictures taken adjacent to one of the bits of kit I had to check :thumbup:

120 mile ride and then an hour plus in the office, on my own, to record the work done.

Back into the office tomorrow (still on my own - everyone esle is able to home work - I'm too much of a tech dinosaur to be given that option :)) to provide some info for the engineers I work for.

Looking forward to being released from these control measures, when ever that happens.

Steve T

8)

• luckily I went back to building plastic model kits a couple of months ago so plenty to keep me busy although it can be a bit boring stuck in the house most of the time. I did take the bike out yesterday to do some shopping, only 14 miles but it felt good. I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy during this corona thing.

Andy.

Every day above ground is a good day.

• luckily I went back to building plastic model kits a couple of months ago so plenty to keep me busy although it can be a bit boring stuck in the house most of the time. I did take the bike out yesterday to do some shopping, only 14 miles but it felt good. I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy during this corona thing.

Andy.

What are you building Andy? Show us some pics!

We had a 1/72nd scale ‘Airfix kit off’ challenge the other year for students and staff. I was amazed at how many people entered and the competitive spirit.

• As requested Jim here are a few pics of stuff I have been working with. First up, 1/24 scale Scania R620 Topliner.

1/35 scale Panther.

And presently working on this.

It si also 1/35 scale and the box contains a LOT of parts, some of them very small indeed.

More progress pics to come if anyone is interested.

Andy.

Every day above ground is a good day.

• Very nice Andy, keep us up to date with progress on the rocket launcher.

An acquaintance of mine bought a Russian ex-military 6WD truck (not sure what make) three or four years ago. His plan was to make it into an expedition vehicle and then live in it - I’ll have to drop him a line and see if he ever got it finished.

• I'm in the lucky group who can work from home. So, at moment no great money worries. My wife works for the NHS and is in the hospital every day, so that is a wee bit of a lingering concern. Just getting a bit stir crazy working in the same room and then spending the evenings in it as well!

Like every-one else, all things bike are on hold. No matter what happens going forward, my bike year is wrecked as I will be flat out at work when we are allowed back out. We have a Euro bike trip planned for late August but I am not holding out any hope for that.

Stay safe everyone...

• Saw something like that (on German plates) at a campsite in Lilongwe, Malawi. It was parked up with its own picket fence around it. I felt poverty stricken next to this 100 grand MAN behemoth, God knows what the average African must have thought - rolling bank maybe?

• Ater today's sunny weather, I've been thinking when it gets a bit warmer I may have a Lockdown Camping Weekend in my back garden. There are few finer things to do than wake up in a tent, get some coffee on and enjoy it in the crisp morning air I reckon. If I was being really tragic I'd get the GS out and park it nearby. OK, I'm a saddo, but I know what I like. ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!