Honda Cb500x

• I've tried the 16 tooth front sprocket change - it under reads, mileage wise, by nearly 5% according to the satnav comparison, which to my mind is a bit too much. Speedo was only marginally under reading, which wasn't too bad though.

Tried getting a 2 tooth less rear sprocket at the same time from Wemoto, but the delivered item is for the earlier version of the bike and is way different front the 2019 onwards bike.

I shied away from using the engine mounts when knocking up my sump guard, as used by Motec. Just seemed a bit . . . dangly, for want of a better description. Not planning on doing any really rough off roading on it, so used the two engine block mounting points and the cat mounting points for mine.

1st service tomorrow.

Steve T

8)

• I'm powering the satnav from the Honda aux power socket I got fitted by the shop. I adapted a ciggy lighter for use on my Strom to power the satnav and it works just fine on this bike :thumbup:. The aux socket is switched with the ignition, so no worries about draining the bikes battery :).

I got a set of short rubber gaitors for the forks. I've got 2 pairs of neoprene sleeve type fork covers in a drawer, but trying them on the bike showed that the gap between the leg lower section and the mudguard was too narrow to allow a secure fit.

When you planning on doing the British sections of the TET?

Steve T

8)

• Yes I wasn't sure if there was enough clearance around the fork leg and mudguard for the sleeve. I managed to fit and secure them, see if they stay there...

I've ordered the Sumitomo connectors to wire into the switched option plugs already on the bike. Removed the fairing to get everything wired.

I have a garmin rugged mount on it's way for option plug 1, and usb point for option 2. Heated grips to the battery with intelligent controller, optimate lead to go on too, and tiny spot lights fitting inside the fairing vent holes.....it's like a trip to Maplin. Handguards and rad guard coming too.

I'm not planning any crazy off road sump smashing stuff either, it's more for the unplanned off road excursions....!

The guard I'm planning on building will run from the front engine mounts to the centre stand mounts at the rear, and build off that. Just cannae face the £250, that RR are asking!

First service? I got them to do mines free as part of the deal ha ha.

Don't know about the TET as yet, rotorcuff injury in the shoulder is still giving me grief, off road might bit heavy going.

Wild Atlantic Way is looking more likely, 3 lads keen to go so far.

Here you on the dangly sumpguard mounts, like you said no need unless you really need a heavy duty one.

Needing a garage tidy up before anything else...

You enjoying the CB yourself?

• 1st service done :thumbup:.

Yep, enjoying the sensation of owning and running a new new bike.

Did you just step off the plane from your last job, then collect the bike and ride home 8|, cos that looks like an off-shore bag strapped to the bikes rear?

How did the LOMO bags hold up?

Yet to strap my Enduristan bags onto mine - I think there might be a proximity problem with the exhaust that'll need sorting before I ride with them fitted :/

Which handguards are thinking of getting. I've yet to buy a set, mainly cos I've already spent sh1t loads on other kit for the bike ;)

I did a good bit of the WAW on a F650GS twin several years ago, on my way to doing the Paddy Dakar. Some fantastic views from around that wild coast - just expect rain and you'll not be disappointed :)

Steve T

8)

• I was down the west coast of Ireland last year and it persisted down from leaving the central belt until we were nearly at Belfast on the way home !

On the plus side if you are looking for someplace to stay in the NW corner before heading south (if you are going anticlock) --

we stayed in the Country Roads Inn, Rosnakill for a night.

If you don't have a sense of humour don't go there but -- we arrived late & wet and they looked after us well.

• I was down the west coast of Ireland last year and it persisted down from leaving the central belt until we were nearly at Belfast on the way home !

On the plus side if you are looking for someplace to stay in the NW corner before heading south (if you are going anticlock) --

we stayed in the Country Roads Inn, Rosnakill for a night.

If you don't have a sense of humour don't go there but -- we arrived late & wet and they looked after us well.

thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

• Been out on the bike with work today - seemed only right really, seeing as the sun is out & the roads are dry, salt free & empty :)

Stopped for a break - a good bit off the road up at the Brig O Brown

And took this one on the way from one bit of Moray to another :)

Steve T

8)

• Got it in one Craig :thumbup:

Did some work in the Dufftown area, had some work around Tomintoul so took the "scenic" route ;)

Empty roads, clear blue skies and loverly warm temperature - perfect riding conditions :rolleyes:

Steve T

8)

• More farkling for me! Got a second hand Givi light for the the CB yesterday and its a bit "clunky" for my liking, so guess what?

Yep, I went and knocked up my own version that allows a bit more flexability on how you mount the lights themselves . . .

Light bar.JPG

So discreet on the bike (without lights fitted yet) that you'd hardly know its there.

Onwards & upwards

• Amendment to the above - eldest pointed out the with the lights fitted, the forks would hit the lights when turning.

So Steve pops a rivet, knocks up an extension that takes the lights forwards and away from the forks and its all good to go.

Just waiting for a Honda light switch from Rugged Roads - pops straight into the dash and there is a switched power source plug waiting to be mated up to the switch :thumbup:

I will pop up some photos once its all finished :/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!