ADV SCOTLAND OUTWEST RALLY 2020

  • SO just so members know.

    I am monitoring the coronavirus (covid-19) situation as today 11th March 2020 the World Health Organisation has declared a 'pandemic'.


    So it is possible that travel is restricted or large events will have to be cancelled.


    I haven't talked to the campsite yet , but we will work with them for the safety of members / families .


    We can always try to pick a weekend later in the year .


    If we do cancel this years rally , I will sent out emails and posts etc (here and facebook) so everyone knows what the score is.


    Hopefully , I will not have to take this action but just so you all know that I am thinking about the consequences of our rally and attendees.


    Wash your hands and stay safe


    Craig


    Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

  • Sensible approach Craig.


    Be interesting to hear from Tim on his take on the ongoing events and the way, if at all, it will effect the meet.


    Stay safe out there people and ride it while you can :thumbup:.


    Steve T


    8)

  • So this afternoon I spoke to Tim at Sunart Campsite as sadly I heard that he is closing from Monday 23rd March until further notice due to the Coronavirus


    The small village has quite a few at risk people , some living very close to the campsite .

    Having visitors from all over staying at the campsite is just to much a risk at the moment.


    As for the ADV Scotland Rally since it is Last weekend in May and we do not really know wants going to happen re the Covid-19.


    So we have decided to just wait and see at the moment. But maybe we will have to cancel at anytime in the run up .


    If we do have to cancel then we can find a date later in the year to hold it.


    More updates will follow


    Stay safe everyone

    Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

  • Hiya. If this is moved to the end of June my fella and I would be interested in putting our names down. I'll keep an eye on this thread as it would be great to see some familiar faces again at the rally.

  • Hiya. If this is moved to the end of June my fella and I would be interested in putting our names down. I'll keep an eye on this thread as it would be great to see some familiar faces again at the rally.

    Hi Katy


    Not sure what is going to happen as yet , I would say the planned weekend is going to be cancelled for sure but will speak to Tim at the campsite at the beginning of May to confirm .


    As to rescheduling that remains up in the air


    I will update here / Facebook and everyone who has signed up so far ?(

    Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

  • No problem. Thank you. I think we are all desperate to get back out on our bikes. I think I'm having Scotland withdrawal symptoms so I'm keeping everything crossed that we are allowed on some adventures later in the year!

    All the best.

  • 595DAE26-3F6F-429F-865D-064E54C8C5FC.jpeg


    We will update everyone if we are going to attempt to have a get together later in the year if possible.

    I will let everyone here know when Sunart campsite is open again and you could maybe support them by visiting.


    They may not be open when the government says campsites can open as there are zero cases of covid on the Ardnamurchan peninsula yet , so both main campsites May stay shut for some time.


    Cheers all

    Craig

    Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

  • Whilst we are all waiting on the whistle that sez go and some might have an economic need for it to happen NOW, I reckon none of use can complain about communities that stick a finger up to, as they see it ,to too early whooopppeee, and want to keep their community in a bubble until --. (by scrimping by) --.until 2021.

    Best Wishes and See you as late as you want.👏.


    I am however keen to go Bike Camping !

    P.S. there's loads of ticks about.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!