Mitas Terraforce R tyes

• Just fitted a pair to the Alp. Be interesting to see how they fair mileage wise compared to the likes of Tourances.
    Took a quick 20 mile spin on them and in the dry they were fine, with a nice relaxed rolling from side to side due to the rounded profile.

Time & miles will tell how thet fare and wear ;D

Steve T

8)

"A bad writer wastes time. A good writer bends time" - Dan Walsh

• hi Craig.

Been out on the bike this morning and took it over some very wet sandy tracks - these tyres aint suited to dirt :o They clogged up very quickly - OK it is very wet just now - so I'm thinking dry forestry trails could be their limit . . . . . which is fine for now (unless I find my way through an open gate ;D)

Time & miles will tel ;D

Steve T

8)

• Yeah, they don't look any more suited to mud/sand than Anakee IIs. I would say that one of the best compromise tyres is the Avon Trek (not Trail) rider. That tyre performs very well for mild off roading and is ace on tarmac. Kind of wonder sometimes if I shouldn't have used them again for the upcoming trip, but I did really want to try (at least once) something knobblier.

Trailrider such a good tyre on my GS if you're not going off road, but I noticed for tarmac that Pirelli are doing their Angel GT II in a 19 inch front. That's a very good tyre apparently.

• Good to know as Ive just ordered a mitas terraforce r for the rear of my R1100GS to replace the Mitas E08 , which I only managed to get 5000miles out of it , thought I'd get more .. :( be interesting to see how the terraforce lasts, they look very like the continental trail attck 2's ..

• Seeing as I took the Alp out of cold storage I thought I'd properly scrub in the new tyres with a nice run east along the coast then south-west to Huntly and finally north-east for home.

A little over 80 miles covered on mainly damp and slimy road salt covered roads with only the one twitch when I slid over some of that black over-banding on a road repair.

Tyres gave plenty of feel for what was going on down below at the sensible speeds I was travelling at, with the level of grip being generated on less than ideal road surface conditions was very pleasing to experience.

Looking forward to more lean angle on dry and salt free roads, when they appear from below the winter grit & grime that is currently to be found everywhere.

As an aside, it felt blooming great to twist the Alps throttle again after several months off that bike.

Steve T

8)

Edited once, last by Steve T ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!