Plans for 2019?

• Well if the economy doesn't collapse*, then I am flying our long suffering and ancient GS out to Santiago in Chile** for a bit of a ride round in November and December. Flights booked!

*a bad season will mean I will pull the plug on this.

**OK, not exactly Scotland, but it's all I have planned so far.

Three Dawg. A man of many parts, most of them broken.

Edited once, last by Three Dawg ().

• Hi folks
    Planning a wee jolly along Moray coast, Morayshire, Aberdeenshire, Cairngorms with a couple of guys from work in April.
    I'd be glad of any advice re good interesting roads, viewpoints, places to visit, cafes etc.
    We're looking at basing ourselves in one of the caravan parks along the coast and have 2 half days and a full day to play with.

thanks in advance for any/all advice and comments
    :)

• Cbar.

Plenty of choice in & around Moray and the Cairngorms, some of which are much less travelled than others.

Try the Cabrach road from Dufftown to Rhynie. Its an "A" road but for most of its length there is no centre line ;D. From Rhynie you can head for Strathdon, then either the Lecht to Tomointoul road or the Gairnsheil to Braemar.

Or there is the B9102 from Craigallechie to Grantown on Spey, taking you upstream alongside the Spey - Ace ride. From Grantown take the A95 back towards Elgin, but turn off onto the B970 that takes you through to Coylumbridge. Right takes you into Aviemore, left leads you up to the Caairngorm ski centre via some interesting hairpins ;D

I've loads more if your interested. I could also be persuaded to lead a ride if you were interested.

Steve T

8)

• Thanks SteveT,
    i'll put them to the committee!!
    I reckon we could tag a trip to the Transport Museum at Alford to them and work up some sort of loop.
    We are also keen to run along the coastal villages maybe as far as Fraserburgh and possibly Rattray, we all work at sea and have sailed along that coast often enough.
    Not sure if we can fit it all in in the available time but hey ho - always an excuse for another trip 8)

Thanks again
    Colin

• Our annual “snow run†been doing it for 11 years, ride as far north as we can get, always the first weekend in March.....except last year, delayed for one week due to the beast from the east. The coldest we had last year was -5’c by Dalwhinnie. Gerbing is your friend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!