Hello from sunny Lenzie

• er, hello, my name is Bob and I have a motorcycle problem...

Actually, I've several motorcycle problems, amongst which the MZ's plastic tank is swelling, the VFR has a sheared bleed nipple on the back brake caliper[0] (& the back brake light doesn't work), the XLV is a rusty project in waiting and the Laverda needs a good, thick end to end coat of looking at, most particularly the intermittent electrical fault that has left it stranded at home a couple of times[1].

I used to live in Falkirk, I'm now in Lenzie.

I found this place after it was mentioned on the Laverda club forum

Bob

[0] but the parts VFR has the same problem and a bleed banjo, so that's getting swapped over this weekend
    [1] I've got to admit, I was quite pleased it did the uncooperative electrics bit at home rather than anywhere else

Dance like you&#039;ve never been hurt<br />Work like there&#039;s nobody watching <br />Love like you don&#039;t need the money

• ::) Bob, hello -- Lenzie, nearly a Weegie then ! Welcome aboard.
    3dawg are you surprised somebody else is on the Laverda forum ,!

Nearly a weegie? oh hell no, I'm a misplaced Bairn

Dance like you&#039;ve never been hurt<br />Work like there&#039;s nobody watching <br />Love like you don&#039;t need the money

• Does sir wish it to be be rendered unscrofulous or merely fixed?

• Sweet running is more important than shiny paint in my view, but it could end up parked next to one of Ian's immaculate machines...

ah, that hoary old exam question "Compare and contrast..."

I must admit I'm tempted to strip the damn thing back to a bare frame - not only is the paint on the frame immensely scabby (after my ex-wife touched it up with whatever shade of rattle can gold came to hand) but I'd like to get the side stand back on, and in the right place this time. I took the stand off after the thing fell over as I walked away once too often, smashing a brand new screen & trapping me face down in the road because it was on the back of my legs. According to the guru, the sidestand shouldn't lean it that far over so it needs looking at.

But before I do anything rash like that I'll get it running and slap an MOT on it.

• I've always thought a running resto is the best way to go.

Beats me why the Italians struggled so much with sidestands, but then the one on my GS is pretty horrible. Load it up with all the gear and it tries to turn itself over cos of the angle it sits at. Only way to fix it is to carry an ice hockey puck on a string to go under the stand.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!