Are you enjoying a Scottish ADV Forum

• Doing some market research ..

I know this forum will not be as big as the competition (run by a bloke in this living room).

We have limited resources to launch and setup the forum but where there is a will there is a way.. !

Being Scotland based community are you happy with the website so far .

Comments ...

• I know this forum will not be as big as the competition..........

That is what I believe goes wrong sometimes with forums, they get far too big and attract them things from under bridges with too much time on their hands and not enough going on in ther lives.

I like this forum and as I've already said, long may it stay light-hearted and fun, pisstaking is to be expected and actively encouraged as long as it doesn't degenerate into nastiness.

So impressed so far that I'm going to buy a new tent for next year :) New forum, new year, new tent ;D

• It's an enjoyable forum to be on...long may the enjoyment continue! :)

IMO its also good that its a Scottish forum with lots of "local" adventure riders...I'm looking forward to next year with plenty of meets etc.

Cheers

Brendan

Tiger 955i<br /><br />Quest Count: 3

• Given the time of year - most people have put their machines into hibernation - I think this place has made a great start, with many and varied topics & ideas being kicked about.

As has been witnessed on other sites, the darker nights seem to bring out the darker individuals with too much time on there hands :o.

Thankfully this place is still free of that type - long my it last (with Jen in the background, I have little doubt that it will remain so ;D )

Well done Craig & Jen and thankyou for all the effort its taken to get this place started.

Steve T

8)

• Fantastic idea, cant wait for some of the runs, rallies and camping. As far as I am concerned I could keep riding in Scotland for the rest of my days and never see or get enough of it.

Thanks to Craig for setting it up and thanks to all of us for supporting and sustaining the site in the future!

Lang may 'oor' lum reek!!!

Not all who wander are lost...

• This may get bigger than you think ;) I know someone who is trying to do the same thing but as a Welsh site they are trying to get help from the tourist board ;).

I wish you well with the site as I'm always happy north of the border as long as you keep your bloody Eagles under control :-[

cheers Spud ;)

• Well done Craig & Jen and thank you for all the effort its taken to get this place started.

Steve T

8)

I'd second that! 8)

I think its going to do well Craig and I love it's "Scottishness" too. Some of us are fortunate to live in a real bikers dream country..................well apart from the rain...the wind...the cold.....the midges.....the condition of the roads at times..........mmm? ::)

Kmac

• I'd second that! 8)

I think its going to do well Craig and I love it's "Scottishness" too. Some of us are fortunate to live in a real bikers dream country..................well apart from the rain...the wind...the cold.....the midges.....the condition of the roads at times..........mmm? ::)

Kmac

I agree with this post. Do not worry if I do not post lots I am not out just to get figures up I only post where I think relevant.
    Even on the other site I was on near the beginning but todate only have about 300 posts.

So carry on doing a good job ;D

• Cheers The Wilbur

Trouble posting pictures ,, see this thread http://advscotland.com/index.php?topic=53.0
    I would highly recommend , Phhotobucket / Flickr etc as you can upload once then link your pictures here and other forums ..

p.s.

Remember, Scotland is more than the Highlands.

I live in the Lowlands (aberdeen) .. so will try to give people a feel for the area .. ;) ;)

• Well Craig I agree with Steve T it just feels a bit more local and grounded, I struggle with posting pics but that's more about my IT skills, fighting with an IPad and all my pics being on a lap top at home, can try and post pics of bits of this vessel they're building roll on the spring and I can get out and take new pics

• I love this new Scottish forum (even though I'm English ;))

For a start its about the roads, scenery and folk from north of the border and I LOVE riding there!!!

My mother was Scottish and my wife of 35 years was from Greenock (sadly I'm a widower :()

I also spend 5 days a week working (driving a van) and staying around the Lanark area (moving there soon from Larkhall) and have been doing so for just over 2 years now. I mostly do 2 longish runs which include going out to Ayr via Greenock (doesn't sound very long to you? ... but it starts at my home Near Wigan on a Monday morning at 6am then across to load the van at Doncaster..... I then drive approximately another 350 miles on top of that to make the run almost 440 miles long. My other long days are Tuesday and Thursday when I go via Forres to Inverurie and often includes Dundee, Aberdeen, Perth (via Banchory 8)), Glenrothes, Edinburgh, Falkirk etc

Last year I did over 80,000 miles in the van but I keep begging for the sales team to get me some customers in the Western Highlands but to no avail >:(

I usually organise a trip or two each year for some of my riding mates and in fact we passed through Ullapool (and stopped for fish and chips) on the Saturday of the ABR rally last year on our way from Inchree rooms at Onich to Durness. I also went on another trip last May over 5 nights doing an anti-clockwise circuit (not my run, just tagging along)

I have booked the 6 berth cabin for 3 nights for you rally so we can make a long weekend of it and get another days riding in whilst up there

Long may the forum avoid the keyboard knobheads who manage to spoil so many forums :'(

So good luck and you are doing a great job so far, keep up the good work!!!

are ride reports about other rides to other places encouraged (eg, England, Europe etc?) might post a couple up for general viewing ()or avoiding :o ;) :)

Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!