Are you enjoying a Scottish ADV Forum

• Hi all, interesting reading a couple of the comments above.
    I have been reading posts on the ABR Forum, over the last 12mths or so and just fell over the link, to this forum ref The 2016 Strontian event
    ADVScotland has now joined my regular site --Tiger 800 Forum.

Thanks for creating it.

• Hi all, interesting reading a couple of the comments above.
    I have been reading posts on the ABR Forum, over the last 12mths or so and just fell over the link, to this forum ref The 2016 Strontian event
    ADVScotland has now joined my regular site --Tiger 800 Forum.

Thanks for creating it.

Cheers Flyfifer .

Hopefully we can get some more meets etc for this coming year organised, you are welcome to join in , if you want .
    :D

• Although I don't post much I do visit often and did attend Strontian in 2014 but we rented the 6 berth log-cabin. I attended the ABR rally in Tebay (forgot the name) and camped out for the 1st time in about 50 years and absolutely hated camping so hats off to all of you 'real' adventure bikers.

I have worked full-time in Scotland for about 4 years until August 2015 and I love visiting the Highlands every year with mates for at least one full week but I unfortunately had a heart attack in August and I am still not 'fixed up' properly yet (next procedure booked for 16th of February).

I had to cancel 3 trips that I had pre-booked last Autumn so I fully intend to squeeze them in this year as I had already booked for 10 riders in 2015 before Craig announced the Strontian 2015 rally so I was gutted to miss out on that one as well.

I have reserved the 6 berth cabin again for 2016 as my mates are not campers and are basically coming for the scenery and road trips that we can do from this base.

This is the first ever winter that I have mothballed my bike and had 'all year biker' round to clean and protect it before tucking it away in the garage until springtime but with a dodgy ticker and being 61 now I am finding the blood thinning drugs I am taking have the massive side effect of feeling COLD a lot worse than previously (especially my lower legs and hands etc)

I hope to see you all there and I will hopefully not keep the lads out until about 9pm again as we missed most of Tim's BBQ last time

Regards

ian :)

• Well, from 6 miles south of the border ADVScotland is looking good to me :)

I've only dipped a digital toe into ABR once and didn't like the interface or the banter. I don't like the print magazine either for the same reason, plus the normal 'you must wear this, watch this, rides this, buy this' nonsense. The same old, same old. I'm not that taken with BigTrailie (aka xrv.org Mk2). As I'm not on that often it does seem a cliquey even though I know many of the folk. They also had a bit of an issue between personalities there I understand. I still visit xrv.org occasionally (though less and less) but spend most of my time here (because my riding is firmly focussed in Scotland) or on ADVrider (for the wider international perspective).

My only gripe (and that's way too strong a word) is that I view the forum most often on my iPad and the forum software or set-up has the strange vice of cropping the width of pictures rather than resizing them to fit which other forums do. You can always scroll across to get the other bit of the picture but it'd be nice to see the whole thing in one sitting. Not sure if anyone else has this 'problem' and as I said, it's a very minor issue. You're doing a great job.

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

Edited once, last by JimRidesThis! ().

• Cheers for the feedback Jim.
    The picture issue with the forum software is just that an issue,.
    Software is really desktop computer optimal , looking at various mobile solutions and may do this some time in the future.

I do not go to any other forums now to post , just have not the time anymore.

Cheers
    Craig

• Hi Craig, forum is great?
    The only thing being is that the time displayed on the forum seems to be wrong. Right now the time on the forum is displaying 07:56 Pm to me that's the morning it should say 19:56 or 7:56pm

Can it be changed?

Cheers Nathan

• It's not really a big problem Craig. The forum's great as it is and I appreciate the time and energy that you must've put in to set the thing up in the first place.

'04 TDM900, ‘84 XL600R (again), ‘08 Ulysses XT & Mrs. JRT’s F650GS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!