Adventurer from Dunfermline!

• Hi Everyone

Just joined the forum tonight after looking at a few posts and a recomendation from a friend. I am afraid that my bike is not quite and adventuer style bike - a Kawasaki ZRX1200s, but i enjoy touring and particularly in Scotland, so hopefully that is okay?

Been riding bikes for about 30 years now, have done the sports bike thing and decided I would either lose my licence or end up in a hedge, did the club thing for a few years but decided I prefer riding my bike on longer runs rather than falling down drunk in a field 10 miles from the house! So hopefully the interest you all have is nearer to the things I enjoy about biking. Hopefully meet up with some of you this year, live quite central just outside Dunfermline.

Cheers

Bruce

• Hi Bruce

Welcome along to the forum

Hopefully you can meet up with some of our members , at day meets or rallies ....

Mostly we are sensible lot with a sense of adventure, Tenting, kicking tyres and little bit of drinking but no falling down drunk ;D

Cheers

Craig (LargeWayRound)

Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

• Thanks for the welcome guys love tyre kicking and camping - sounds great! Actually changing tyres for my mate at the weekend, so will be doing tyre kicking of sorts before watching the rugby 😀

• Aye Ian

Looking forward to getting out and about. Done a few jobs on the bike, getting it how I want it. Changing Alan's tyres on Saturday about 10ish if you fancy popping over for a coffee.

B

• Hi Bob

You only get the Rs in the green livery. Mine is silver and red, the blue is popular, you also get red and I think there is a black/gold bike. Like the looks of the R but the S makes a good sports tourer and all rounder.

I assume with your name - you have a Boxer? May dad had an R80rt for years and also an R1100r, but has opted for the lighter F800st and GT now as they are much lighter for him.

Bruce

• I assume with your name - you have a Boxer? May dad had an R80rt for years and also an R1100r, but has opted for the lighter F800st and GT now as they are much lighter for him.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Yes an R1150GS which I love and being 6’3†and nudging 17 stone its 1/4 tonne weight isn’t a problem but would definitely go for an 800 when the bones start to creak a bit.

Bob

• I am the same height and weight funnily enough and the Zrx thankfully carries it well. Had a good run on my dad's F800st last year, very underrated. Did on one occasion the year before however strip the rubber drive belt😣

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!