Which Helmet ?

• At the moment I still have a Shoei Multitec in White with Blue . Had for a couple of years now

What a excellent helmet over all , comfy , flip front , pin lock fitted .

I would give it a 8/10

Heard that the new Shoei Neotec is even better with a fitted sun visor .. May have to give one a fitting

Here is my Multitec

Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

Edited once, last by LargeWayRound ().

• I am smitten with the Shark Evoline. Mine is a silver version 2 as below.

I ride most of the time with the chin bar up as I get claustrophobic in full faced helmets. The bar comes down in bad weather or as speeds go up on the motorway. My only criticism is that it is noisy round the base as there cannot be a chin fairing or it would catch as the chin bar flips round to the back.

• 8)

Using a BM system 6 and a jet caberg, the System 6 is not too noisy and does not fog up too easy and not very heavy unlike helmets of old [I remember my BELL helmet].
    Shoei always seem to make a good helmet and I hear the reputation of the shark is on the increase and look a good helmet.

BIG D

• Craig

Through work I know a good few motorcycle police. They loved the Multitec but are not as keen on the Neotec. They are asking for new old stock Multitecs!

Their only complaint is that the Neotec is quite a bit noisier than the earlier Multitec. And as they say, when you spend quite as many hours in the helmets, it gets to be a total distraction and annoyance.

I have just bought a Givi X01 Tourer..... see what its like. Hopefuuly not too noisy!

Not all who wander are lost...

• Hi.

I have 2 pcs Arai Tour X4 helmets in use.
    Other without visor, use with goggles.
    Second in touring use.
    Excellent helmet, if fitment ok ;-) .

I´ve got Schuberth C3 Pro too, but that (right size) was too tight for my head.

I have allways had / used Arai´s and for my head the fitment is perfect!

Timppa / Finland

• I need to retire my Arai Condor. It has not seen a huge amount of use, has no damage and looks like new, but I'd be ashamed to admit how old it is and it must be past its sell by date by many years. It's been a faithful servant however.

The AGV Grid was recommended to me. I took myself into Shirlaw’s helmet section yesterday. John hands a Grid in my size to me. I love the look, lack of bulk and lightness. He gives me a nod and I pull it on. Ouch! On the way down it picks up my ear tops and folds them neatly over. I try inserting my fingers to push them back up - with limited success. Off it comes. Ouch again! I try at least a dozen times looking for the knack that will put it comfortably in place, but it is not to be found. John gets me a bigger size, easier to get on, but not the right fit. We inspect the linings and see that there is a sort of flap to left and right that are perfectly designed and positioned to catch and fold my (clearly oversize) ears over. I just have to accept that the Grid and my head shape are not a match.

I try the equivalent to the Grid in 3 or 4 other makes. None work for me quite right. Then I try an Arai Axces II. It fits me like a glove. Like an old, well worn glove. Perfect. Best of all it has a wider and taller than usual aperture and visor - this was my only complaint about the Condor, peripheral vision was pretty poor.

The Axces II is an entry level Aria and I was prepared to shell out for something like the Grid, but with it on offer at present all over the web and John already matching the best price I can find, I think it will be an Arai again for me. I clearly have an Arai shaped bonce!

• I've just bought a shoei gt air, fits like a glove. I've not done a decent run with it yet so can't comment on how quiet it is at speed but hopefully get out this weekend

• Who's going to go fore this one then.......................

Growing old is mandatory<br />Growing up is voluntary<br /><br />It&#039;s better to regret something you&#039;ve done, than something you haven&#039;t done.

Edited once, last by john ().

• I am smitten with the Shark Evoline. Mine is a silver version 2 as below.

I ride most of the time with the chin bar up as I get claustrophobic in full faced helmets. The bar comes down in bad weather or as speeds go up on the motorway. My only criticism is that it is noisy round the base as there cannot be a chin fairing or it would catch as the chin bar flips round to the back.

I would second this. My old man has recently got one of these and loves it. Can't say for myself as he takes a larger size than me so I've not been able to try it but maybe my next helmet.

• I looked at the Evoline 2 just after they came out and I thought it felt a bit flimsy compared with the other flip fronts I've had / tried!
    Bought a cheap Lidls flip lid last year and it's performed very well throughout 1.5 winters. But i'm starting to look for a white flip front thats sturdy but not too heavy, and without a huge bill attached to it - Scuberth! I keep coming back to Cabergs latest offering, the Duke, especially in the Italian flag colour scheme ;D

Time to get tinternet shopping I think ::)

Steve T

8)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!