Sidi Adventure 2 Boots

• Craig,
    You are in danger of becoming a video star! ;) Nice looking boots and it will be interesting to see how you get on with them. I don't need boots at the moment as my TCX's are still good but those will be something to keep in mind for the future.

Andy.

Every day above ground is a good day.

• Spooky - I've been looking at buying a 2nd hand set of these boots, but I need to try a set on 1st to find out if they are wide enough for my and wide enough for my calves.

Nice work Craig

Steve T

8)

• Nice report Craig :) The protection looks great. How are they for walking in?

I'll be looking for a new pair of boots before too long and these might be contenders if I can justify the cost. Still, my current boots (HG Infinity Goretex) are 12 years old, and there's no reason to suspect the Sidi wouldn't last as long as those, I suppose the cost is more bearable ;)

'04 TDM900 😁 ‘84 XL600R (again) 😎 ‘08 Ulysses XT 😂

• Thanks for the comments .

Steve if you tale a size 10 , your welcome to try mine on .

Jim . Only worn them about the house for a couple of hours and one ride out so far .

Seem way for walking but still stiff for sure . They have the front and rear cut outs to make them more flexible so hopefully will loosen up a bit .
    Very warm and comfortable last weekend , and totally waterproof .
    Would advise trying a pair on when your local shop has them in stock .

Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

• [b]SIZE 10 ! ![/b]
    Tiny, titcky size 7 for me Craig ::)
    Nobody at our end of the country stocks them in my size. I had considered popping through to J&S to try on any Sidi's in size 7, but they don't have any :(
    Going to try on some RST boots when the local shop get them in - been waiting 3 weeks now for him to get some in :o
    Guess I'll be sticking with my military goretex specials for a while longer ::)

Steve T

8)

• Steve, a pal of mine bought a pair of the RST Adventure 2's from J&S in Hamilton last year. He rates them highly. They're also on my list ;)

'04 TDM900 😁 ‘84 XL600R (again) 😎 ‘08 Ulysses XT 😂

• Well, seeing as I couldn't check out the sizing of the Sidi's, I plumped for the RST Adventures. a local shop got several sizes in so i could try them out. The 7's were squeezing my widest foot, where as the 8's don't.

Hopefully they'll prove capable on the bike - spent an hour wandering round and round the house trying to break them in a bit before getting onto the bike with then this coming weekend :o

Steve T

8)

• Hi Bob,

I've had mine for about a year now. I like the Velcro and the ratchet/strap fasteners.

As many on here know, I had a major 'off' in August. I broke my leg/ankle and firmly believe the robustness of the boots saved me from even worse injury.

The sole was ripped off one but I had it properly reattached and they're good as new.

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go.....err NOT!!!

• I'm still hobbling about but at least I'm back on a bike. That's the second occasion I've had reason to thank the boots. I was off-road, in a rut, and paddling, when somehow my leg got dragged back and my foot got whacked by the knobbly. Luckily the impact was mostly taken by the hard protection at the back of the heel.

Painful but again, could have been a lot worse.

Hi ho, hi ho, its off to work I go.....err NOT!!!

• Well, after 250 miles on Sunday I found them to be warm enough for my toes, flexible enough for off road riding whlst stood on the pegs.

My only comment would be the lack of feel through the re-inforced area on the gear lever foot. But I am comparing them with the leather slippers that are my 12 year old alt-Berg All weather Hoggs.

So far, so good :)

Steve T

8)

• I noticed a bug loss of feeling with my Sidi's , very difficult to feel for the correct gear .

But guess will get better with time , my old boots are like what Steve was saying.

Also Had to move the gear lever up a notch to get the boot under .

Very warm , foot bed etc is very comfy , slight pinching by the upper clasp but getting better every time I put them on .

;)

Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

• Picked up my size RST Adventure IIs today. Nobody had a size 12 to try on so took a chance and ordered them. Comfy and a good fit for my wide plates of meat. Now to spend a few sweaty nights around the house breaking them in :o

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!