Author Topic: France/Spain 2018  (Read 212 times)

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
France/Spain 2018
« on: May 28, 2019, 19:36:48 PM »
Id planned a ride to Scandinavia last summer and booked the ferries out - Hull > Rotterdam & Hirtshals > Langesund. A couple of months before departure (1st July) I was landed with an unexpected bill relating to my Mums funeral, eating into my travel budget a little much for comfort.

Change of plan. Ride down through The Netherlands, Luxembourg, France through the Gorges du Tarn and into Spain where I met my other half, son, daughter in law and grandkids for a week in a vinca before dropping down to the Bardanes Reales, then west to east along the Pyrenees (mainly N260), through France to home.

FRANCE

SPAIN

Up in the Pyrenees I camped next to a nice French couple. I didnt catch their names but the female partner spoke a little English which along with my schoolboy French seemed to get us through :) She recommended a loop through Aisclo. Although it added a day to my Pyrenean adventure it was a good call.

Lunch break, Aisclo, Spain

With that, it was more of the same - 400kms of the N260 - just brilliant riding all the way.

The speed limit on most Spanish single carriageway is 90km/h. A couple of weeks after I got home, the ever-so-nice Spanish authorities wrote to me, enclosing a speeding notification and requesting 50 euros for their trouble. I can only say that wherever my transgression took place, it was worth it!

Back into France I needed to make kms to meet up with some mates returning from the German MotoGP, though I did have a memorable night somewhere near Mende - France won the soccer World Cup. Vive la France!

Lunch usually looked like this

Camping in the Ardennes, Belgium. Run by a brilliant Dutch couple who taught me the right pronunciation of IJmuden.

I really liked this place, Ill definitely be back!

Back in The Netherlands.

'04 TDM900, 84 XL600R (again), 08 Ulysses XT

Im trying to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
  • Forum Owner / Transalp Modifier / Founding Member
Re: France/Spain 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 19:47:41 PM »
Awesome report and wonderful pictures

:)
Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.

Offline bazman

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
Cracking Jim  :D

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 17:56:51 PM »
Cracking Jim  :D

Thought Id better get on with that RR Baz, Ive been dragging my heels  ::)
'04 TDM900, 84 XL600R (again), 08 Ulysses XT

Im trying to be the person my dog already thinks I am.