Author Topic: Yesterday's Ride in my Neighborhood  (Read 872 times)

Offline dammitdave

Yesterday's Ride in my Neighborhood
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:39:06 AM »
The GF dumped me on Sunday, my great boss quit on Monday and the root canal to save a tooth failed on Tuesday.  So I took a ride over to Blyn for coffee. ???  Photos at this link:  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/where-to-meet-adv-riders-south-sound.213831/page-170 
Hold my beer, I'm gonna try someth'n

Offline BoxerBob

• Founding Member
Re: Yesterday's Ride in my Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:16:57 AM »
Sorry to hear of your recent misfortunes but you know what they say about it coming in threes so hopefully that's your lot for a good while.
Wouldn't advocate riding whilst angry as that's when accidents can happen but sometimes when the brown stuff hits the swirly thing the best thing you can do is get out on the bike and de-stress.
Hope things improve quickly for you.

Bob

Offline dammitdave

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:49:08 AM »
Couldn't agree more with not riding angry.  It wasn't anger, my head was just spinning so I used riding's mandatory close attention to get focused.  The ride out was just soaking in the sights and sounds of riding through wet misty forest.  Focused and happy, the ride back included stops to record the early spring conditions in the lowland timber.
   We're still snowed out above a thousand feet and two weeks of snow season remain.  Sometime in May we'll be able to ride the high roads here in the Olympics.  With this much fuel load it's a fool's wish to have it dry out too early in the year.  East of the Cascade mountains temps will start climbing into the 60's(F) soon and it can be pleasantly warm by the opening of trout season.  Here on the West side the maritime weather isn't reliably warm until after the 4th of July holiday.  For now a 50deg day is a fine excuse for a ride.  dd

Offline JimRidesThis!

• Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
The GF dumped me on Sunday, my great boss quit on Monday and the root canal to save a tooth failed on Tuesday.  So I took a ride over to Blyn for coffee. ???  Photos at this link:  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/where-to-meet-adv-riders-south-sound.213831/page-170

Sorry to hear about your woes, but thanks for posting the link Dave, it looks like you live in a spectacular part of the world. After having a look at where you are on Google maps, I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the Olympics in the summer! ;)

I just read your '09 Vancouver Island report. I'm jealous!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:14:34 PM by JimRidesThis! »
'04 TDM900, 84 XL600R (again), 08 Ulysses XT

Im trying to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Offline dammitdave

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 14:06:22 PM »
Thanks for the kind remarks JRT.  Your blog about staying in a bothy with mates was the taste of Scotland that got me started.  Misfortunes come and go, my father is 89 and fell out of his RV last July and broke his neck.  He just called crowing about the latest checkup that shows a perfectly knitted vertebrae.  There are bright patches in the clouds.
     I was fortunate to do the Vancouver Island trip with Dennis.  He was a great traveling pal and safe and sane rider with a well equipped and maintained bike.  A family trip in the late 60's to the West coast of Vancouver Is gave a taste of remoteness that you can still feel in those villages that don't have a paved road leading to them.  Uclulet and Tofino are ruined by the elitest, eco kayaking set that stay in the luxo condos that line the foreshore where fish plants and rough log docks held native salmon trollers and crabbers.

If you're in a hurry to see more photos of the Olympics you can check out the photos on Smugmug.com/dammitdave. dd