Author Topic: SW Motech Footpegs review  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Three Dawg

• Into Africa.
SW Motech Footpegs review
« on: January 25, 2017, 14:26:03 PM »
I have no idea how people with long legs cope on GSs, even with the seat in the highest position I found that my legs were far too bent at the knee for comfort.  Put the seat down (two up heavily loaded I find it's more confidence inspiring, especially if there is sand or mud around) and it's hopeless, even for my moderate inseam.

So I put on Migsel pegs which are about 20mm lower, which was great, but they are pretty narrow and were uncomfortable for my feet even wearing Sidi Adventures.  Touratech do some nice lowered pegs, but two months after ordering they are nowhere in sight, so I cancelled that and bought adjustable pegs from SW Motech.

You can set them at standard height or about 15mm lower, they have a big wide platform which has a semi rounded top to help with reaching the gearshift, as well as removable rubber inserts for road use.

They're pretty wide, but as they pivot like the originals I think they'll be OK.  Look the part, that's for sure.

Off to roadtest them tomorrow - looks like it's going to be cracking weather up this way. ;D

Mr and Mrs 3 Dawg's African Adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=176316.0

Offline Throttled

Re: SW Motech Footpegs review
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 16:14:27 PM »
With a bit of adapting I managed to fit a set along with peg lowerers on my Versys. Far more comfortable on the feet and legs.

Offline Three Dawg

• Into Africa.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 17:20:56 PM »
I have managed to put something over 150 miles on them so far, and they are very comfortable.  Had to raise the gearlever about 5mm as it was set for the slightly lower Migsels.  I like the fact that you can remove the rubber bits for off road riding.
Mr and Mrs 3 Dawg's African Adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=176316.0

Offline LargeWayRound

• Administrator
  • Forum Owner / Transalp Modifier / Founding Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 22:54:28 PM »
Nice review , thanks for posting

“Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.”

Offline Throttled

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 15:24:21 PM »
I had to adjust the gear lever as well, it is still a bit tight at maximum reach. But it is an acceptable trade off for more comfortable feet.

Offline Three Dawg

• Into Africa.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 15:46:50 PM »
I already had an adjustable Touratech lever so easy to set it in the correct position up and down and fore and aft.